Are you or someone you know in trouble with drugs or alcohol?
Some people would like to dismiss young people’s use of drugs and alcohol as ‘experimenting’. In fact, many people with addiction know it started in their youth, sometimes even in childhood. If you are finding it harder to control your use of alcohol or drugs (including prescriptions), call us.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you felt guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady yourself, or deal with a hangover?
- Have you tried to stop using a drug, but couldn’t stop?
- Have you told yourself you would use a small amount, but then couldn’t control how much you used?
- Has your drug use cost you friends or family members?
- Are you using prescription drugs in ways that your doctor did not recommend?
There are ways to get help. Call SAFELine for information.