Calling Youth Leaders!
SAFELine is looking for Youth Advisory Council leaders. Leaders should be going into their Junior year of High School in 2011-2012. The Youth Advisory Council will help shape SAFELine’s service to Erie County by giving suggestions on:
- Use of Social Media for SAFELine staff and also callers
- Ideas on how to make SAFELine information readily available in their schools
- What issues SAFELine should focus on in their schools
- How to take steps to make a difference in their schools
- Students who can be non-judgmental and understand how serious bullying, suicide, depression, substance abuse, and other problems really are for youth
- Are motivated to help, and willing to give a couple of hours a month to make a difference in their schools and communities
- Can utilize their life experiences to engage their peers
We will be sending out application information to local school districts. Student candidates will be nominated, and will be asked to complete an application. Final selections will be made by SAFELine staff, and we will initiate the committee in August 2011. If you are interested in participating as a youth leader, please contact us at 456-SAFE (456-7233).